Citizenship is the common thread that connects all Americans! Throughout our history, the United States has welcomed newcomers from all over the world. The contributions of immigrants have helped shape and define the country we know today. All Americans are bound together by the shared values of freedom, liberty, and equality. Many come to America with the dream of U.S. citizenship.
Let us help you navigate the often complex path to U.S. citizenship. John J. Hykel, a Philadelphia attorney, has specialized in immigration and citizenship law for over 20 years. We can help you with:
- Employment-Based Immigration – helping individual workers who have obtained employment offers in the United States, both immigrants and non-immigrants;
- Family-Based Immigration – helping reunite families from around their world with their relatives in the United States through the visa petition;
- Exclusion, Deportation and Removal before the Immigration Court- helping individuals in removal or deportation proceedings fight to remain in the United States through cancellation of removal, asylum, and waivers of inadmissibility;
- Naturalization and Citizenship – helping non-citizens attain their dreams of U.S. citizenship;
- Employer Sanctions before the Administrative Law Judge – helping reduce fines issued by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement through negotiation and compromise;
- Federal Appeals, including Petitions for Review, Petitions for Habeas Corpus, Petitions Mandamus and Appeals denied of Naturalization
In helping individuals through the naturalization process, Mr. Hykel guides individuals through every phase of the process for their individual case, including preparing and filing immigration forms; advising on documents needed or any specifics related to individual cases; assessing cases hands-on in his office; and rehearsing individuals for the United States Naturalization Test, a requirement for all who want to become U.S. citizens.